VOLUNTEERS SERVE IN VARIOUS ROLES Everyone is welcome to apply.
Primary Care Missions to Peru, Guatemala, Haiti and Jamaica:
Primary Care Providers, Podiatrists, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Pharmacy Staff, Nurses, CNA's, EMTs, Lab Techs, Medical Interpreters and General Support Staff for logistics, supply management, computer input. If you can count to 30, you can help!
Surgical Missions to Peru:
Anesthesiologists, Pediatric General and Reconstructive Surgeons; Adult Surgeons for Gynecology, General, Reconstructive, Podiatric and Ophthalmology. Surgery Staff, including CRNA's; RNFAs, Surgical PA/RN/Tech staff; PACU Staff, and Medical Interpreters are needed.
Missions to Haiti, Guatemala and Peru:
Volunteers who are fluent / conversational in the local language (Peru & Guatemala: Spanish – Haiti: Haitian Kreyol) are especially needed to serve on these teams.
In addition to the clinical skills requiring a licensed medical professional, all of our teams need team members with various skills, including those with organizational skills, bi-lingual skills, supply management and clerical skills as well as teaching skills. Persons fluent in the main language of the country being served are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Process for all Medical / Surgical Missions
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Teams are often filled 6 months or more before the mission. ````There is no calendar deadline for applications for any of the missions. We will continue to accept applications until all team positions have been filled. Every effort will be made to make sure that all applicants receive notice of their status as soon as possible. Applicants are encouraged to prioritize their choices. We may need you to consider a mission other than your first choice.
Volunteer Requirements & Responsibilities to apply for a Global Health Volunteers team
- Applicant understand and respects the Mission and Core Values of Global Health Ministry
- Applicant demonstrates an understanding of the role of volunteering
- Applicant is 20 years of age or older
- Applicants who are employed by or connected to Trinity Health System or a "Legacy Sponsor" (*) of Trinity Health are given priority consideration. However, persons unrelated to Trinity Health who bring a skill critical to the mission the team are also needed and accepted. (*) Legacy Sponsors are the communities of religious women/men who were the "Founders" that began a hospital, nursing home, or other Ministry of Trinity Health system.
- Complete and mail application with all required attachments [New applicants may be invited to participate in a phone call]
- Participate in Orientation [via free Conference Call or in person if you live within 2 hours driving of Newtown Square, PA]
- Review Orientation materials sent prior to the meeting
- Return all forms distributed at the Orientation as soon as possible
- Book flights as soon as possible AFTER the Orientation
- Expected arrival & departure dates and times, connections, etc. are discussed at Orientation.
- Help to acquire donations of medicines and supplies needed for the mission (list given at Orientation)
- Expense Responsibilities are met in various ways by team members, including
- Personal donations
- Sponsor who pays for some or all costs
- Fund raising
- Volunteers have been creative in hosting fund raising events – ideas are shared at Orientation
- Some create a Facebook or Go Fund Me / other social medial page
- If requested, GHM will provide letters for you to mail/email to potential donors
- Volunteer expenses include:
- Round trip airfare [Average $700 for Jamaica, Guatemala & Haiti; up to $1,200 for Peru] prices fluctuate!
- Fee that covers housing, all meals, ground transportation and some patient expenses [$800-1,000]
- Personal spending money for gifts, activities on team "Free Day", laundry, tips, etc.
If you are interested in Volunteering:
- Download an application
- Review the Mission Schedule and Overview on the application
- Complete the PDF Application or Word Application form
- Supply the required attachments & mail the application.
- Be available for a phone or personal interview.